Bongbong Marcos camp says he skipped TV interview for presidential bets due to ‘biased’ host

The St. Luke’s Medical Center on Thursday dispelled doubts on the authenticity of its drug test results after it received a backlash when presidential aspirant and son of former dictator Ferdinand Marcos Jr. took a cocaine test in the hospital's branch in Taguig City.

Former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. files his certificate of candidacy (COC) for president on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at the Sofitel Harbor Garden Tent in Pasay City. (FILE PHOTO / INQUIRER.net / Daniza Fernandez)

MANILA, Philippines — The camp of presidential aspirant and former senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Saturday said he declined to be interviewed by GMA-7’s Jessica Soho for a program on featuring the leading 2022 presidential aspirants because they believe that she is “biased against the Marcoses.”

“The reason why Bongbong Marcos decided not to join the Jessica Soho show is founded on our belief that the hostess of said popular talk show is biased against the Marcoses,” Atty. Victor Rodriguez, Marcos’ chief of staff and spokesperson, said in a statement.

“Therefore, we believe her questions will just focus on negativity about BBM which the UniTeam dislike and will not subscribe as it hopes that the discourse in any forum about this coming elections must focus on how the aspiring presidents will solve our country’s lingering problems caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and what their plans are for our country to roll up from economic stagnation,” he added.

Rodriguez noted that the Marcos camp believes that the 2022 elections could be the “most important elections in our lifetime” where candidates should be expected to present their programs.

“These and other equally important aspects of an aspirant‘s preparedness to lead, ability to govern and capability to be president cannot be tested by his mere appearance on a show that has been perceived by us and our supporters as having previously displayed a preconceived judgement against the Marcoses,” he said.

“We will continue with our way of communicating direct to the people in so many equally significant shows, platforms and forums where all the attendees are allowed to present their visions, plans and platforms freely, unfiltered and unhindered by any biases,” he added.

GMA earlier said it invited the five leading presidential candidates who had topped pre-election surveys, and that all but Marcos agreed to participate.

The other top presidential candidates who accepted the invitation were Vice President Leni Robredo, Sen. Panfilo Lacson, Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso and Sen. Manny Pacquiao.

The Jessica Soho Presidential Interviews will be aired on Saturday night.

gsg

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

Success! You have been subscribed!
Oops! Something went wrong and you could not be subscribed

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

Read more...