MANILA, Philippines — A total of 4,801 personnel of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) personnel and local chief executives have COVID-19, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said during the taped weekly “Talk to the People” that aired Monday night.
According to Año, the total number of active cases consist of the following:
- DILG central and regional offices – 98
- Philippine National Police – 4,015
- National Police Commission – 60
- Bureau of Fire Protection – 471
- Bureau of Jail Management and Penology – 91
- Local Government Academy – 10
- Philippine Public Safety College – 13
- Philippine Commission for Women – 13
- National Commission for Muslim Filipinos – 1
- National Youth Commission 4
- governors – 4
- mayors – 21
Año assured the public, however, that the DILG would continue to fulfill its mandate.
Earlier, the Department of Health reported 37,070 new infections, bringing total active cases to 290,938.