Bongbong Marcos-Sara Duterte vows reconstruction of Odette-hit Visayas, Mindanao
MANILA, Philippines — The tandem of presidential aspirant former senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and his running mate Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio on Sunday assured victims of Typhoon Odette in the Visayas and Mindanao that their damaged communities will be rebuilt.
Marcos said he sympathizes with the people who lost their homes and his current main concern is to help them get back on their feet.
“Pangako ko sa inyo na magkakaroon tayo ng reconstruction, lahat ng tulong na kailangan ibibigay natin. Huwag kayong mawalan ng pag-asa at huwag panghinaan ng loob dahil maraming tao ang laging handang tumulong sa inyo,” he said.
(I promise you that there will be reconstruction. All the help you need would be given. Don’t lose hope because many people are ready to help you.)
He said his team will donate construction materials to families but so far they have given relief goods such as food, rice, and slippers.
“Ang hinihingi ngayon is construction materials para maayos ng mga tao yung mga bahay nila kaya iyon ang pagsikapan naming maibigay pagbalik dito,” Marcos said.
(What the people are asking for is construction materials so that they can repair and rebuild their homes so that’s what we’ll endeavor to give when we go back here.)
For her part, Duterte-Carpio assured that the distribution of relief foods in affected areas will continue, including construction materials.
She explained that the goods being distributed were sourced from different donations from other government officials and their political parties.
She said the tandem will do “our best to help you get by in your most trying moments and will always pray that we rise with our heads held high from this adversity.”
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.