PGH: No firecracker-related injury at ER, so far
MANILA, Philippines — No case of firecracker-related injury was so far brought to the emergency room of the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) amid the New Year revelry, the hospital’s spokesperson said Saturday morning.
“As of three in the morning, ‘yung huling nakuha kong update ay wala po kaming nakita o inalagaan sa emergency room for any firecracker-related injury,” Dr. Jonas Del Rosario, PGH spokesperson, said in an interview on ABS-CBN’s Teleradyo.
(Based on the last update I got, we did not treat any firecracker-related injury in the emergency room as of 3:00 a.m.)
“Maganda pong balita ‘yan kasi at least hindi na po ‘yun isang poproblemahin pa namin dahil ngayon, ang amin talagang pinagtutuunan ay kung paano babalansehin ang COVID and non-COVID admissions. Pero as of 3 a.m, wala pa. Hinihintay ko ang next update ng matatapos na shift pero so far ay wala,” he added.
(That is good news because right now, we are focused on how to balance COVID and non-COVID admissions. But as of 3 a.m., we did not treat firecracker-related injuries. I am just waiting for the next update from the next shift.)
Hours before the New Year, however, the Department of Health has already recorded 30 firework-related injuries elsewhere in the country.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.