Signal No. 4 in northern Negros Oriental, southern Negros Occidental as ‘Odette’ moves towards Panay Gulf
MANILA, Philippines — Typhoon “Odette” is currently moving towards the Panay Gulf, after traversing through Negros Island on Friday early morning, said the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration’s (Pagasa).
In Pagasa’s 2 a.m. storm advisory, the eye of Odette is now located within the vicinity of Ilog, Negros Occidental, as of 1:00 a.m.
The typhoon currently carries maximum sustained winds of 175 km per hour (kph) and gusts of up to 240 kph, while moving westward at 35 kph.
Its most recent landfall occurred at 12:00 m.n. in La Libertad, Negros Oriental.
Odette is expected to emerge in Panay Gulf and the Sulu on Friday morning and then will pass the vicinity of either Cuyo or Cagayancillo archipelago during noontime.
It is then forecast to make another landfall within the northern or central portion of Palawan this afternoon.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal No. 4 is still raised in these areas, where very destructive typhoon-force winds are expected within the next 12 hours:
- Northern portion of Negros Oriental (Ayungon, Tayasan, Jimalalud, La Libertad, City of Guihulngan, Vallehermoso, Canlaon City, Mabinay, Bindoy, Manjuyod),
- Southern portions of Negros Occidental (La Castellana, Pontevedra, Hinigaran, Moises Padilla, Isabela, Binalbagan, City of Himamaylan, City of Kabankalan, Ilog, Cauayan, Candoni, City of Sipalay, Hinoba-An)
The following areas are under Signal No.3:
- The northern portion of Palawan (El Nido, Taytay, Araceli, Dumaran, Roxas, San Vicente) including Cagayancillo and Cuyo Islands
- The rest of Negros Oriental
- Central portion of Negros Occidental (Calatrava, San Carlos City, Salvador Benedicto, Silay City, City of Talisay, Bacolod City, Murcia, Bago City, Valladolid, Pulupandan, San Enrique, La Carlota City)
- Southern portion of Cebu (Toledo City, City of Naga, Samboan, Ginatilan, Oslob, Santander, Boljoon, San Fernando, City of Carcar, Argao, Alcoy, Dalaguete, Sibonga, Malabuyoc, Alegria, Moalboal, Santa Fe, Badian, Alcantara, Ronda, Dumanjug, Barili, Aloguinsan, Pinamungahan)
- Southern portion of Iloilo (Iloilo City, Pavia, Leganes, Santa Barbara, San Miguel, Alimodian, Oton, Leon, Tigbauan, Tubungan, Igbaras, Guimbal, Miagao, San Joaquin, Dumangas, Zarraga, New Lucena, Cabatuan, Maasin)
- Southern portion of Antique (San Remigio, Patnongon, Belison, San Jose, Sibalom, Hamtic, Tobias Fornier, Anini-Y)
Meanwhile, these areas are under Signal No. 2:
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Oriental Mindoro
- Occidental Mindoro
- Rest of Palawan including Calamian and Kalayaan Islands
- The western portion of Northern Samar (Victoria, San Vicente, Capul, San Antonio, Allen, Lavezares, Rosario, San Jose, Biri, San Isidro, Lope de Vega, Catarman, Bobon)
- Western portion of Southern Leyte (Sogod, Bontoc, Tomas Oppus, City of Maasin, Macrohon, Malitbog, Padre Burgos)
- Rest of Negros Occidental
- Rest of Cebu including Camotes and Bantayan Islands
- The extreme northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte (Dipolog City, Manukan, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, Katipunan, Dapitan City, Sibutad, Rizal, Polanco, Piñan, La Libertad)
- Northern portion of Misamis Occidental (Sapang Dalaga, Baliangao, Plaridel, Calamba, Lopez Jaena, Oroquieta City)
Furthermore, the following places are under Signal No. 1:
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- Southern portion of Quezon (San Antonio, Tiaong, Candelaria, Sariaya, Dolores, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Atimonan, Agdangan, Unisan, Gumaca, Plaridel, Pitogo, Lopez, Guinayangan, Buenavista, Catanauan, General Luna, Macalelon, Mulanay, San Narciso, San Andres, San Francisco, Tagkawayan, Calauag, Quezon, Alabat, City of Tayabas, Perez)
- Rest of Northern Samar
- Eastern Samar
- Rest of Southern Leyte
- Dinagat Islands
- Surigao del Norte
- Northern portion of Surigao del Sur (City of Tandag, San Miguel, Cortes, Lanuza, Madrid, Carmen, Cantilan, Carrascal)
- Agusan del Norte
- Northern portion of Agusan del Sur (Sibagat, City of Bayugan, San Luis, Esperanza)
- Misamis Oriental
- Northern portion of Bukidnon (Talakag, Libona, Baungon, Manolo Fortich, Malitbog, Sumilao, Impasug-Ong)
- Lanao del Norte
- Rest of Misamis Occidental
- Northern portion of Lanao del Sur (Madamba, Madalum, Bacolod-Kalawi, Tugaya, Balindong, Piagapo, Marantao, Saguiaran, Marawi City, Kapai, Tagoloan II)
- Rest of northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte (Labason, Kalawit, Tampilisan, Liloy, Salug, Godod, Bacungan, Gutalac, Baliguian)
- Northern portion of Zamboanga del Sur (Josefina, Molave, Mahayag, Dumingag, Tambulig, Bayog, Lakewood, Kumalarang, Guipos, Dumalinao, Tukuran, Ramon Magsaysay, Aurora, Sominot, Tigbao, Labangan, Pagadian City, Midsalip)
- Northern portion of Zamboanga Sibugay (Titay, Ipil, Naga, Kabasalan, Siay, Diplahan, Buug)
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.