Marcos Jr.’s rep: ‘We don’t feel alluded to’ by Duterte’s cocaine user claim vs bet
MANILA, Philippines — The camp of Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has brushed aside – as they feel that their candidate is not the one being alluded to – the allegation of President Rodrigo Duterte that an aspirant in the May 2022 polls is a cocaine user.
Atty. Victor Rodriguez, chief of staff and spokesperson of Marcos Jr., said they are focused on the upcoming elections and have the highest respect for Duterte.
“We don’t feel alluded to [it]. We’re just concentrating on [the elections],” Atty. Victor Rodriguez, chief of staff and spokesperson of Marcos, said in an interview with DZRH TV on Friday.
“We only have the highest respect, paggalang at [pagkilala] kay Duterte,” he added.
The President has previously said that the aspirant allegedly doing illegal drugs comes from a well-known and rich family. He did not, however, give any names.
Duterte also questioned the presidential bet’s contributions to the country and wondered why Filipinos were “so crazy” in supporting this person.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.