Bulacan’s active COVID-19 cases drop to lowest in 11 months
CITY OF MALOLOS, Bulacan—The province of Bulacan on Tuesday (Nov. 16) recorded 746 active COVID-19 cases, its lowest in the past 11 months, as it continued to ease quarantine restrictions under Alert Level 2.
Gov. Daniel Fernando urged residents to “stay vigilant” in observing health protocols to decrease further its active infections, which peaked at 4, 700 in August.
The province will remain under Alert Level 2, the second-lowest alert level, until Nov. 30.
“We will have more relaxed restrictions by Christmas if we continue to bring down our active COVID-19 cases,” he told the Inquirer.
Dr. Hjordis Marushka Celis, Bulacan COVID-19 Task Force vice chair, said Bulacan has already partially or fully vaccinated 72 percent of its eligible residents, including minors ages 12 through 17.
Bulacan has recorded 88,547 COVID-19 cases since last year, with 86,362 recoveries and 1,439 deaths. INQ
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.