No new COVID-19 cases in Zambales after 20 months
SAN ANTONIO, Zambales — For the first time after one year and eight months, this province did not record any new COVID-19 case on Sunday (Nov. 14), an official said.
In an advisory, Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said the province’s active cases further dropped to 116 after four more patients have recovered from the viral disease.
It was in March last year when the province recorded its first COVID-19 case and has already registered 9,798 COVID-19 cases since then. But at least 9, 404 of them were already cleared of the disease, reflecting a 96-percent recovery rate.
The province’s death toll still stood at 580, which is a 5.92-percent mortality rate.
At least 116, 046 residents or 25 percent of the target 455, 119 population in the province had already been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Zambales is currently under Alert Level 2, the second most lenient containment classification in the country. INQ
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.