LPA spotted east of Surigao City
MANILA, Philippines — A low-pressure area (LPA) was spotted inside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) which will bring rain to Eastern and Central Visayas as well as the Caraga, Northern Mindanao and Davao regions on Friday, the state weather bureau said.
According to Pagasa weather specialist Ariel Rojas, the LPA was last detected 825 kilometers east of Surigao City, Surigao del Norte as of 3 p.m.
Meanwhile the rest of Visayas and Mindanao specifically, the Socksargen, BARMM and Zamboanga Peninsula, are likely to have better weather, but chances of thunderstorms remain, especially during the afternoon and evening.
Rojas also warned that thunderstorms will be more intense in Mindanao.
Luzon, including Metro Manila, on the other hand, will also experience fairer weather on Friday, with chances of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening.
Below are the forecasted temperature range in key cities/areas according to Pagasa for Friday:
• Metro Manila: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Baguio City: 16 to 23 degrees Celsius
• Laoag City: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Tuguegarao: 23 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Legazpi City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
• Puerto Princesa City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Tagaytay: 21 to 29 degrees Celsius
• Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
• Iloilo City: 25 to 33 degrees Celsius
• Cebu: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
• Tacloban City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
• Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
• Zamboanga City: 24 to 35 degrees Celsius
• Davao City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
No gale warning is raised in the country’s coasts but moderate to rough seas are still expected over the seaboards of extreme northern Luzon and the western coast of the Ilocos Region.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.