ITCZ to bring rain over parts of S. Luzon, W. Visayas – Pagasa
MANILA, Philippines — Southern Luzon and Western Visayas dwellers may experience rain on Thursday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa), as the Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) affects parts of these regions.
Weather specialist Ariel Rojas said Wednesday the ITCZ will bring rain specifically in the Bicol Region, Calabarzon, and Mimaropa in Luzon. It was not specified which areas in Western Visayas will see precipitation.
But Metro Manila and the rest of the country will generally have good weather on Thursday even if the climate will get hot and humid by noon and early afternoon, and the threat of thunderstorms remains.
“Ang Metro Manila at ang ibang bahagi naman ng Luzon ay makakaranas po ng generally maaliwalas na panahon, mainit at maalinsangan sa dakong tanghali at early afternoon, at may banta pa rin ng thunderstorms sa hapon at gabi,” said Rojas.
(Metro Manila and other parts of Luzon will experience generally clear weather, hot and humid at noon and early afternoon. and despite the threat of thunderstorms in the late afternoon and evening.)
The rest of Visaya and the whole of Mindanao will have fair weather on Thursday as well, Pagasa said.
Rain caused by isolated thunderstorms, however, may still be expected throughout these regions, it added.
Rojas then said that no tropical storms and low-pressure areas are expected to form within the Philippine Area of Responsibility in the next two to three days.
Meanwhile, Pagasa said the temperature range in key cities/areas nationwide for Thursday is the following:
- Metro Manila: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Baguio City: 16 to 25 degrees Celsius
- Laoag City: 24 to 33 degrees Celsius
- Tuguegarao: 24 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Legazpi City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Puerto Princesa City: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tagaytay: 21 to 29 degrees Celsius
- Kalayaan Islands: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Iloilo City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Cebu: 26 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Tacloban City: 26 to 32 degrees Celsius
- Cagayan De Oro City: 25 to 31 degrees Celsius
- Zamboanga City: 24 to 35 degrees Celsius
- Davao City: 25 to 32 degrees Celsius
As for the country’s seaboards, Pagasa said no gale warning was raised but warned that moderate to rough seas may be expected over the coasts of extreme northern Luzon and that slight to moderate sea conditions are possible in other areas.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.