Duque favors downgrade to Alert Level 3 for Metro Manila | Inquirer News
Close  

Duque favors downgrade to Alert Level 3 for Metro Manila

/ 12:34 PM October 13, 2021
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III

FILE PHOTO Health Secretary Francisco Duque III

MANILA, Philippines — Health Secretary Francisco Duque III is in favor of placing Metro Manila under the more relaxed alert level 3 starting October 16.

“My personal opinion is for a downgrading to alert level 3 of NCR (National Capital Region). Again this is personal. Need to analyze the metrics based on data,” Duque told INQUIRER.net in a text message on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Duque said the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases will decide on the region’s next alert level in a meeting on Thursday.

Aside from Duque, Malacañang also supports the suggestion of Metro Manila mayors to place the region from the present alert level 4 to alert level 3 in order to allow more businesses to reopen.

FEATURED STORIES

Jonathan Malaya, Undersecretary and spokesperson of the Department of the Interior and Local Government, also said the metropolis is ready to transition to alert level 3 considering the continuous drop in the number of COVID-19 cases.

Businesses are likewise appealing to the government to place Metro Manila under alert level 3 to allow establishments to accept more customers and recover from their losses.

Under alert level 3, previously restricted businesses will be allowed to operate at 30-percent capacity, with an additional 10 percent if they have secured a safety seal from the government. They can also accept all customers regardless of vaccination status.

These businesses include restaurants and personal care services, which only operate at 10-percent capacity for indoor services and accept only vaccinated customers under alert level 4. They are also allowed to operate at 30-percent capacity for al fresco dining and outdoor services and accept both vaccinated and unvaccinated customers.

The imposition of the alert level 4 status in Metro Manila is scheduled to end on October 15.

EDV

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Alert Level 3, Alert Level 4, alert level status, Department of Health, DoH, Francisco Duque, Metro Manila
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.