Comelec to launch synchronized voter registration in NCR malls on Saturday
MANILA, Philippines — The Commission on Elections (Comelec) on Thursday said the poll body is gearing up for the national mall registration day on September 11, Saturday, to be conducted in the National Capital Region.
Voter applicants in Metro Manila could register in selected SM Supermalls, Ayala and Robinson’s malls in their respective cities, which is under modified enhanced community quarantine until September 15.
The malls will be open until 5 p.m., according to Comelec.
Here are the participating malls location allotted per city and districts:
- Caloocan City, 1st and 2nd district – SM Sangandaan
- Las Piñas – SM Southmall
- Makati City 1st district – Ayala Malls Glorietta
- Makati City 2nd district – Ayala Mall Circuit Makati
- Malabon City – Robinsons Town Mall Malabon
- Mandaluyong City – SM Megamall
- Manila, 1st and 2nd district – Tutuban Mall
- Manila 3rd district – SM San Lazaro
- Manila, 4th district – SM Manila
- Manila, 5th district – Robinsons Place Manila
- Manila 6th district – Robinsons Otis
- Marikina 1st and 2nd district – SM Marikina
- Parañaque City, 1st district – Ayala Malls by the Bay
- Parañaque City, 2nd district – SM BF
- Pasay City 1st and 2nd district – SM Mall of Asia
- Quezon City 1st district – Ayala Mall, Trinoma
- Quezon City 2nd, 5th and 6th district – Ayala Mall Fairview Terraces
- Quezon City 3rd and 4th district – UP Town Center
- San Juan City – Greenhills Mall
- Taguig City – Bonifacio High Street
- Valenzuela 1st and 2nd district – SM Valenzuela
The Comelec said that the National Capital Region Police Office pledged to deploy an initial 351 personnel for this registration period to ensure security and strict implementation of health protocols.
Comelec recently approved the voting registrations in areas under MECQ, which includes Metro Manila. Initially, voter registration was only allowed in areas under general community quarantine (GCQ) and modified GCQ areas.
Voter registration lasts until September 30.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.