Quarantine, swab tests no longer required for travelers to Bohol
TAGBILARAN CITY––A five-day quarantine and repeat swab test are no longer required for travelers heading to the island province of Bohol.
In his latest executive order, Bohol Gov. Arthur Yap said travelers would still be required to show a negative swab test result taken 72 hours before departure from their point of origin and coordinate with the local governments of their destination.
Yap lifted the suspension of sea and air travel when Bohol opened its borders last Sept. 1.
In his previous order, travelers needed to undergo quarantine in a facility for five days.
On the fifth day of the quarantine period, travelers should undergo a repeat swab test. If the result is negative, they will be released. Otherwise, they would remain in isolation centers until they yield a negative test result.
The sudden change in protocols was made after a series of meetings with stakeholders, including the medical sector, tourism industry, and local chief executives.
Yap said the majority of the mayors agreed to lift the 5-day mandatory quarantine and repeat swab test requirements for inbound travelers.
As of Sept. 7, Bohol has 1,951 active infections.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic last year, the province registered 14,324 cases with 12,051 recovered and 322 deaths.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.