Macau to test population after four new COVID-19 cases
HONG KONG — The gambling hub of Macau has launched a test program for its 600,000 people after the Chinese-ruled city confirmed four new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, its government said in a statement on Wednesday.
Macau has set up 41 nucleic acid testing stations across the city which will run non-stop for at least three days, which is the estimated required period, the statement said. Appointments would not be required, it said.
Macau has registered only 59 coronavirus cases and recorded no deaths so far, according to Hong Kong government data.
In a separate statement, Hong Kong’s government said it removed Macau from its list of places from which residents could return to the finance hub without the need for quarantine. That ‘Return2HK’ list now only contains places from mainland China.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.