Palace: Cebu under GCQ with heightened restrictions; Apayao, Laguna, Aklan under MECQ
MANILA, Philippines — Cebu province is now under general community quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions, while Apayao, Laguna, and Aklan are under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ), Malacañang said Sunday.
In a statement, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the said areas will be under their respective quarantine levels until August 15 following the approval by President Rodrigo Duterte of the recommendation of the Interagency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF).
“The province of Cebu shall be placed under GCQ until 15 August 2021, without prejudice to their reclassification as may be warranted and the declaration of localized enhanced community quarantine in critical areas..,” part of resolution No. 130-D of the IATF read.
Among the heightened restrictions to be enforced for Cebu’s GCQ include a lowered capacity for restaurants at 20 percent indoor dining and 50 percent for outdoor dining.
Personal care services such as salons can only operate under 30 percent.
Meetings, conferences, and conventions will not be allowed while outdoor tourist attractions will be allowed at 30 percent capacity also.
The cities of Cebu, Mandaue, and Lapu-Lapu remain under the stricter MECQ.
The three highly urbanized and independent cities in Cebu also filed an appeal before the IATF to lower their quarantine classifications but the IATF has yet to respond as of Sunday.
Cebu province was previously placed under MECQ while Laguna and Aklan were under GCQ with heightened restrictions. Apayao was under GCQ.
Metro Manila meanwhile was placed under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) from August 6 to August 20.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.