P9 billion released for health workers’ special risk allowance – DBM | Inquirer News
Close  

P9 billion released for health workers’ special risk allowance – DBM

By: - Reporter / @bendeveraINQ
/ 04:54 AM June 28, 2021
healthworkers

DISINFECTING A VILLAGE Health workers spray disinfectant as they make their way through Barangay 628 Zone 63 in Santa Mesa district, Manila, which has been placed on lockdown for four days because of an increase in COVID-19 cases in the village. Coronavirus infections are also rising outside Metro Manila, the independent research group OCTA reported on Wednesday. —RICHARD A. REYES (file photo)

MANILA, Philippines — The much-awaited new tranche of special risk allowance for health workers fighting in the front lines against COVID-19 will finally be distributed this Wednesday, the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) said.

In a statement sent to the media on Saturday night, the DBM said it released to the Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday P9.02 billion in special allotment release order and notice of cash allocation to cover the pending special risk allowances.

ADVERTISEMENT

The allowances, not exceeding P5,000 a month, will cover health workers in public and private facilities.

The DBM said the allotment released to the DOH will cover the period from Dec. 20, 2020, to June 30, as mandated under Administrative Order No. 42 issued by President Duterte early in June.

FEATURED STORIES

Both public and private

Last year, Mr. Duterte issued Administrative Order No. 36, which covered the special risk allowances of health workers for the period Sept. 15 to Dec. 19, 2020.

In the case of AO 42, the DBM said “qualified public and private health workers can expect the payment of the special risk allowance not later than June 30, 2021.”

On June 16, the DBM and the DOH issued Joint Circular No. 1-2021 serving as the implementing guidelines of AO 42.

The joint circular stated that the allowance will be available to “public and private health workers who directly cater to or [are] in contact with COVID-19 patients.”

“The grant of the COVID-19 special risk allowance shall be prorated based on the number of days that the public and private health workers physically report for work in a month, as certified by the head of the hospital, laboratory, or medical and quarantine facility, or his/her authorized representative, reckoned from Sept. 15, 2020 until June 30, 2021,” the circular read.

“All claims for the payment of the special risk allowance to public and private health workers shall be validated by the DOH,” it added.

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: COVID-19, DBM, health workers, special risk allowance
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.