NCR Plus remains under GCQ from June 16-30
MANILA, Philippines — The National Capital Region (NCR) Plus comprising Metro Manila, Rizal, Bulacan, Cavite, and Laguna will remain under general community quarantine (GCQ) from June 16 to 30, President Rodrigo Duterte announced on Monday night.
In a taped speech, Duterte said Metro Manila and Bulacan province would be placed under GCQ with “some restrictions” while Rizal, Laguna, and Cavite will be under GCQ with “heightened restrictions.”
The NCR Plus was previously placed under GCQ “with restrictions” until June 15.
Duterte said the following areas will also be placed under GCQ for the rest of June:
-Davao del Norte
-General Santos City
-Lanao del Sur
Meanwhile, the following areas will be under the stricter modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) from June 16 to June 30:
-Zamboanga del Sur
-Zamboanga del Norte
-Cagayan de Oro City
-Butuan City, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands
The rest of the country will be placed under the most lenient modified GCQ.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.