Mandaue school gets newly repaired building | Inquirer News
Close  

Mandaue school gets newly repaired building

/ 07:44 AM June 13, 2011

The Visayan Electric Co. (Veco) turned over the a newly refurbished three-classroom school building to Leonard Wood Elementary School (LWES) in barangay Jagobiao, Mandaue City.

The LWES is the fifth recipient of Veco’s school rehabilitation project in a span of three years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Veco is set to construct at least two school buildings with computer laboratories in Metro Cebu this year.

During the turnover ceremony last May 27, Vo vice president for Administration and Customer Services group Ricardo Lacson Jr. encouraged the teachers and students to use the facilities wisely.

FEATURED STORIES

He said Veco will provide additional chairs for the newly refurbished rooms in the next two months.

Mandaue City Mayor Jonas Cortes and Mandaue Schools Division Superintendent Dr. Virginia C. Zapanta expressed gratitude to Veco for their concerns to the needs of the Mandauehanons.

School principal Joverlie Canoy, for her part, said “The newly-refurbished school building replaces the wooden Bagong Lipunan building constructed 31 years ago. Be assured that we will take care and maintain the school building. We will give every pupil the maximum benefit of education.”

Veco shouldered 70 percent of P1.1 million, the total cost of the project, while the city government shouldered the remaining 30 percent.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: School, Visayan Electric Co.
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.