4 villages in Cagayan town to be placed under ECQ due to spike in COVID-19 cases | Inquirer News
Close  

4 villages in Cagayan town to be placed under ECQ due to spike in COVID-19 cases

By: - Correspondent / @VillVisayaJrINQ
/ 06:50 PM June 05, 2021

TUGUEGARAO CITY—Four villages in Baggao town in Cagayan province will be placed under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) beginning Sunday after a spike in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases was recorded.

Baggao Mayor Joan Dunuan said Saturday that those villages that will be under a seven-day lockdown were Alba, Barsaet East, Bitag Grande and Tallang as approved by the COVID-19 Inter-Agency Task Force. The villages will be under ECQ, the most stringent form of community quarantine in the country, from 12:01 a.m. on June 6 and will last until June 12.

ADVERTISEMENT

The town has 242 active cases with 534 recoveries and 21 deaths, as of Friday, June 4, Baggao health office records showed.

The mayor had earlier admitted in a phone interview with Inquirer that she has also tested positive for the viral disease since Sunday, May 30, but was considered asymptomatic.

FEATURED STORIES

She denied charges circulating on social media that she did not wear face masks in various gatherings. She said these were old videos and photos before the pandemic struck in March 2020 when gathering had been allowed.

Cagayan Governor Manuel Mamba had earlier asked her to explain the allegations but she said she has yet to receive the formal memorandum letter.

Meanwhile, the mayor has also implemented the one-day suspension of operations of transient meat butchers to limit those people going to the slaughterhouse.

Slaughterhouse head Diosdado Ortiz, who had earlier suggested the suspension to the mayor, said the move would lessen the mobility of people going to the butcher area and that new equipment at the office would also be used only for the trained market workers.

The San Jose village public market, also in Baggao, was ordered to be locked down for disinfection on June 7 to 9.

Market supervisor Aysa Centeno had earlier suggested the action as some recorded deaths and active cases came from the market.

Massive disinfection has been set.

CFC

RELATED STORIES

9 with UK variant may have accelerated COVID-19 spread in Tuguegarao

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Cagayan province, COVID-19, Tuguegarao City
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.