SEC warns public vs dealing with 28 unregistered firms soliciting investments
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Misamis Oriental, Philippines —The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) here warns the public against dealing with 28 unlicensed firms soliciting investments.
“In its continuous efforts in investigating possible investment scams, the Commission warns the public to be careful in dealing (with) their investments,” lawyer Frederick Enopia, officer-in-charge of the SEC Cagayan de Oro extension office, said on Wednesday.
Since the start of the year, SEC has been able to identify 28 entities soliciting investments without the appropriate certificate of registration to sell securities. The public is advised to avoid dealing with them.
Following is the list provided by SEC :
- Masa Mart Business OPC
- iWATCH.ph Corporation
- Mers Business Center
- Seven Stag International OPC
- Royal O Financial Consultancy Services
- RGS World Marketing Corp.
- Bitaccelerate / Bitaccelerateproject.com
- Yumboss Corp.
- Bitexpress Security and Commodity Contracts Brokerage
- Philhelp Administration of Financial Marketing
- Solmax Global Limited and Igniter 100,
- Royal O Consultancy Services OPC
- Tradexpert/Tradexpert Technology Information Services
- IX Trade / IXTrade
- Align Assets
- Wonkacash / Wonka Cash App Financial Consultancy Services
- R.L. Aggregates and Diversified Lending Group Inc.
- Learn and Earn Online
- 247 Cryptotrading FX Cryptotrade Online
- Investrade Marketing / Investrade Digital Marketing Services
- Beyond Generations Digital Marketing Services
- Cash FX / Cash FX Group / CFX
- Big Dreams International and BDI Product Trading OPC
- Doors Opportunity Online (DOO) / Door Opportunity Digital Marketing Services
- JP Company Online Shop / JP Company Hedge Trading
- Infinity Payb / Payb Bills Payment and Remittance Center
- Coco-J Funds Corp. and Coco-J Funds Digital Marketing Services
“These scammers will not consider our situation in which [we are coping with the pandemic]. They continue to proliferate at any cost and in all circumstances,” Enopia said.
According to the SEC, investment schemes that offer unreasonably high returns are suspicious ones. Potential investors should check their legitimacy by asking for their licenses.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.