TD Crising slightly weakens, Signal No. 1 in 17 Mindanao areas
MANILA, Philippines — Tropical depression Crising slightly weakened on Friday morning but is still expected to trigger rain showers in parts of the Mindanao region.
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) reported that as of 4 a.m., Crising was spotted in the vicinity of Kapalong, Davao del Norte with maximum sustained winds of 45 kilometers per hour (kph) and gustiness of up to 75 kph.
Pagasa said Crising is moving west-northwest and based on the forecast track, may cross Palawan on Saturday.
Light to moderate with at times heavy rains may be experienced in Davao Oriental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Norte, Davao City, Cotabato, Maguindanao, Bukidnon, Lanao del Norte, Lanao del Sur, Misamis Occidental, Zamboanga del Sur, and the northern portion of Zamboanga del Norte, Pagasa said.
Signal No. 1 is still up over 17 areas:
- southeastern part of Negros Oriental
- southern part of Surigao del Sur
- central and southern parts of Agusan del Sur
- northern and central parts of Davao Oriental
- Davao de Oro
- Davao del Norte
- Davao City
- northern part of Cotabato
- northern part of Maguindanao
- Lanao del Norte
- Lanao del Sur
- Misamis Occidental
- central and western parts of Misamis Oriental;
- northeastern part of Zamboanga del Sur
- northeastern part of Zamboanga del Norte
Click here for more weather related news.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.