Cop accidentally electrocuted, dead in Albay | Inquirer News

Cop accidentally electrocuted, dead in Albay

LEGAZPI CITY—A police officer was accidentally electrocuted and died in Tabaco City, Albay province on Thursday (May 13).

Maj. Maria Luisa Calubaquib, spokesperson of the Bicol police, said SSgt. Edgardo Valin, 48, was trying to fix a loose electrical wire connected to his residence at the village of Matagbac past 2 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Valin was using a pair of pliers to do the repair work but he didn’t realize that there was a tear in the rubber handle of the tool, electrocuting him in the process, according to Lt. Col. Edgar Azatea, Tabaco city police chief.

He was rushed to a private hospital but was declared dead by doctors there. Valin was assigned to the Malinao town police station, also in Albay.

FEATURED STORIES

TSB
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Albay, electrocution, policeman, Regions, repair work
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.