Visit to relatives leads to arrest of man wanted for rape in Zambales
SAN ANTONIO, Zambales—A 52-year-old security guard facing a rape case was arrested in San Narciso town in this province when he visited his relatives, police said on Friday (May 7).
Suspect Harvey Flores, 52, works as a security guard in Baguio City and had been accused of sexually molesting a 29-year-old woman in November 2020.
Policemen immediately conducted an operation when they learned that the suspect would check on his family on Thursday (May 6), said Col. Romano Cardiño, Zambales police director.
The arrest was based on a warrant issued by presiding Judge Maribel Mariano-Beltran, of the Regional Trial Court-Family Court, Branch 13 in Iba town, the capital of this province.
Two counts of rape had been filed against the suspect at the local court.
The suspect is now detained and no bail has been recommended.
News handpicked by our editors
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.