Ilocos Sur logs 6 COVID-19 deaths in 2 weeks
DAGUPAN CITY –– Ilocos Sur has six new deaths related to COVID-19 in the last two weeks, raising to 17 the total fatalities in the province since last year, Gov. Ryan Luis Singson said.
In a statement over the weekend, Singson said the fatalities, aged 52 to 77, suffered from acute respiratory failure and pneumonia or related ailments.
One of them, a 77-year-old man from Sinait town, died on April 19 and suffered from acute respiratory failure and pneumonia.
A 72-year-old man and a 76-year-old woman from Caoayan town- died on April 24.
A 66-year-old man from Bantay town died on April 26 due to respiratory distress syndrome caused by severe COVID-19.
An 81-year-old woman from Cabugao town died of community-acquired pneumonia on April 29.
The latest fatality is a 52-year-old woman from Galimuyod town, who died on May 1 due to acute respiratory failure secondary to pulmonary edema and other comorbidities.
As of April 30, Ilocos Sur had 157 patients. It has recorded 1,099 total confirmed COVID-19 cases, 926 recoveries, and 17 deaths. INQ
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.