Repairs, reblocking on Edsa from April 30 to May 3
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is set to perform reblocking and repair works on some sections of Edsa over the weekend.
In a traffic advisory, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said the repairs will begin on Friday, April 30 at 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday, May 3.
The MMDA advised motorists to use alternate roads as traffic is expected to be congested. Affected by the roadworks are:
1. EDSA near Kaingin Road, Quezon City
2. EDSA, Quezon Avenue to in front of Landmark, the first lane from the bike lane
3. EDSA, opposite of Trinoma Mall, the second lane from the sidewalk, southbound
4. Agham Road., in front of the Office of the Ombudsman, the first lane from center island. Take North Avenue, Quezon Avenue, and EDSA as alternate routes.
5. West Avenue, Times Street to Quezon Ave., the first lane from the sidewalk
The MMDA said the affected sections of Edsa will be fully passable by 5 a.m. on Monday, May 3.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.