11 new COVID-19 cases listed as entire households get infected in Zambales
SAN ANTONIO, ZAMBALES—At least 11 new COVID-19 cases had been added to this province’s tally on Monday (April 19), bringing the total cases to 1,585 since 2020.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said the new patients were residents of the towns of San Antonio, San Narciso, Cabangan and Subic.
Most of the patients showed some of the symptoms of the disease, like fever, cough and colds after being exposed to virus-infected family members.
The youngest is a 2-year-old boy who was infected together with his 21-year-old mother. They were exposed to a relative.
Four of their household members had also contracted the virus.
Bueno said the oldest patient is a 70-year -old man who had history of travel outside the province but works in a small town lottery outlet in this town.
As of April 19, there were already 233 active COVID-19 cases in the province.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.