LIST: Additional sectors eligible to get COVID-19 vaccine
MANILA, Philippines — Transportation workers, market vendors, religious leaders, overseas Filipino workers, and members of the press are among those eligible to be vaccinated under the A4 group of the government’s vaccination program priority as approved by the COVID-19 task force.
In a statement Friday, presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases has approved the following as part of the A4 group:
- commuter transport (land, air, and sea), including logistics, workers;
- public and private wet and dry market vendors;
- frontline workers in groceries, supermarkets, delivery services;
- workers in manufacturing for food, beverage, medical and pharmaceutical products;
- frontline workers in food retail, including food service delivery;
- frontline workers in private and government financial services;
- frontline workers in hotels and accommodation establishments;
- priests, rabbis, imams, and other religious leaders;
- security guards/ personnel assigned in offices, agencies, and organizations identified in the list of priority industries/sectors;
- frontline workers in private and government news media;
- customer-facing personnel of telecoms, cable and internet service providers, electricity distribution and water distribution utilities;
- frontline personnel in basic education and higher education institutions and agencies;
- overseas Filipino workers, including those scheduled for deployment within two months;
- frontline workers in law/justice, security, and social protection sectors;
- frontline government workers engaged in the operations of the government transport system, quarantine inspection;
- worker safety inspection and other COVID-19 response activities;
- frontline government workers in charge of tax collection, assessment of businesses for incentives, election, national ID, data collection personnel;
- diplomatic community and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) personnel in consular operations;
- Department of Public Works and Highways personnel in charge of monitoring government infrastructure projects
According to the hierarchy of vaccine recipients under the government’s COVID-19 mass inoculation drive, A4 follows health workers (A1), senior citizens (A2), and persons with comorbidities (A3).
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.