Zambales imposes longer curfew as daily COVID-19 cases soar
SAN ANTONIO, Zambales—The provincial government on Monday (April 12) imposed a longer curfew as precaution against the spread of SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, which had already infected over 1,400 people in the province since 2020.
Gov. Hermogenes Ebdane Jr. issued an executive order for the adjusted curfew hours of 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. while the province remained on modified general community quarantine.
“Our health care system is overwhelmed by the incessant increase of COVID-19 infections, thus there is an urgent need to enforce stringent measures to combat the disease,” Ebdane said.
Previously, the curfew in the province was set from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
The new curfew hours were imposed as the province recorded 196 active COVID-19 cases and 66 new cases, its highest daily tally so far.
Only individiuals with legitimate or essential activities will be exempted from the curfew, Ebdane said.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.