Zambales logs 29 new COVID-19 cases in 9 towns
SAN ANTONIO, Zambales — This province on Saturday recorded 29 new cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), raising its total confirmed cases to 1,391 since last year.
Dr. Noel Bueno, provincial health director, said the town of Castillejos had the most number with 12 fresh cases, followed by San Antonio with five and San Marcelino with three.
The towns of San Narciso, Cabangan, and Candelaria each had two new cases while San Felipe, Palauig, and Masinloc each had one new case.
The new cases pushed the total number of active cases in the province to 196.
Bueno said they also recorded 12 new recoveries during the same period, bringing the total recovered cases to 1,165. The province also logged 29 deaths related to the diseas since last year.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.