San Pablo City logs 32 new COVID-19 cases | Inquirer News
Close  

San Pablo City logs 32 new COVID-19 cases

By: - Correspondent / @dtmallarijrINQ
/ 11:12 AM April 10, 2021

LUCENA CITY – San Pablo City in Laguna province has recorded 32 new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients, health authorities said Friday night.

Among the new validated virus carriers are five males and four female senior citizens aged 61 to 76, the city’s Anti-COVID-19 Task Force reported on April 9 at 6 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Authorities also disclosed that 25 validated virus carriers in the city, that also included six senior citizens, have recovered from the viral illness.

The city now has 328 active COVID-19 cases which were only 266 on April 1, indicating the continuous surge of cases.

FEATURED STORIES

From April 1 to 9, the city’s Anti-COVID-19 Task Force has recorded 220 new cases so far. Last month, the authorities logged a total of 382 cases.

As of April 9, the city also listed a total of 1,492 recoveries and 62 deaths due to COVID-19.

To address the continuous spike in COVID-19 cases in San Pablo, the Department of Health (DOH) has distributed a modular tent each to San Pablo City General Hospital and San Pablo City District Hospital.

The 44-bed capacity tents are intended for emergency medical care and extension of health facilities.

Dr. Eduardo Janairo, DOH Calabarzon director, said all hospitals in the region have to be prepared to handle “the influx of Covid patients not only from the provinces but also those of nearby Metro Manila.”

San Pablo, as part of Laguna province, is under the stricter enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) until April 30 to curb the continued rise of COVID-19 cases.

Mayor Lorenzo Amante reminded the residents to strictly follow all regulations being imposed by the national Inter-Agency Task Force under the ECQ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, the city government has started the distribution of emergency cash aid or “ayuda” to qualified ECQ affected individuals.

Authorities posted the names of the aid recipients on the Facebook page of the city government for transparency.

Senior citizens and those classified as “person with disability” (PWD) were advised not to go to the assigned payout center in their respective villages as the money will be delivered to their homes.

President Duterte approved a P1,000-worth of in-kind and cash aid per ECQ-affected individual affected by the lockdown. Several members of a family can receive the ECQ aid, but only a maximum of P4,000 worth of assistance will be given per family.

EDV
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: COVID-19 surge, enhanced community quarantine, San Pablo Laguna
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.