Search ongoing for 17 men who entered Zambo after one of them infected with coronavirus | Inquirer News
Close  

Search ongoing for 17 men who entered Zambo after one of them infected with coronavirus

/ 07:45 PM April 08, 2021

ZAMBOANGA CITY—Police are seeking 17 individuals from Surigao who entered the city two days ago after one of them tested positive for SARS Cov2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Maj. Albert Alfaro, city police spokesperson, said the men travelled by land and entered the city last April 6 through the eastern border at the village of Licomo.

ADVERTISEMENT

“We were informed that these 17 men are supposed to go to Jolo, but so far, they cannot be located. One of the 17 tested positive for COVID-19,” Alfaro said.

All inbound individuals are required to undergo coronavirus testing on the city’s borders.

FEATURED STORIES

It is not yet known how the men managed to get in.

Elmeir Apolinario, head of the city Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19, said he had sought details from local health authorities about the breach.

TSB
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #COVID19PH, Police, Regions, travellers, Zamboanga City
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.