Negros Occidental prov’l gov’t to operate with full workforce amid COVID-19 surge
BACOLOD CITY –– The Negros Occidental provincial government will continue to operate on a 100-percent workforce amid the surge in coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in the province.
“We will not adopt a skeleton force because we don’t see any need so far,” said Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz.
Bacolod Mayor Evelio Leonardia on Sunday issued an executive order strongly advising all government and private offices to implement a skeleton workforce system.
Diaz said the provincial government employees remained healthy, except for some, who were recovering at the Mambukal Resort in Murcia.
“We are good to go for another year. Everybody is motivated to work. We will deliver our targets for this year, and there is no need for us to slow down or adopt a skeleton force,” he said.
The provincial government has been disinfecting offices regularly, and frontliners are tested for COVID-19 every 14 days.
“This is to ensure that at the very start of a COVID infection, we can arrest its spread, Diaz said.
The provincial government employees recovering from COVID-19 at the Mambukal Resort include six doctors, a molecular laboratory senior medical technician, and one who conducts swab tests from the Provincial Health Office.
Four employees of the Isabela Treasurer’s Office and two from the Department of Education in Murcia are also recovering at the resort.
Also at the Mambukal Resort are family members of government employees who tested positive for COVID-19.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.