Tuguegarao to return to ECQ as COVID-19 goes berserk | Inquirer News
Close  

Tuguegarao to return to ECQ as COVID-19 goes berserk

By: - Correspondent / @VillVisayaJrINQ
/ 08:04 PM March 29, 2021

TUGUEGARAO CITY—The most stringent form of community quarantine in the Philippines will be imposed on this city starting March 30 to April 8 as a surge in COVID-19 cases threaten to go out of control, officials said.

At a news briefing on Monday (March 29) afternoon, Mayor Jefferson Soriano said only persons authorized to leave their homes would be allowed to be out on the streets during the 10-day enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).

ADVERTISEMENT

The city had been on modified general community quarantine before COVID-19 cases spiked.

Soriano said visitors’ passes issued by the local government, except for those for essential purposes, have been suspended.

FEATURED STORIES

At least 568 active COVID-19 cases were recorded in the city as of Monday.

TSB

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #COVID19PH, ECQ, lockdown, pandemic, transmission, Tuguegarao City
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.