721 COVID-19 protocol violators nabbed in Cavite
LUCENA CITY – At least 721 alleged violators of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) safety protocols were apprehended in Cavite province over the past three days, police said Saturday, March 20.
The violators were caught for not wearing face masks or disregarding the curfew hours in their respective localities, Police Colonel Marlon Santos, Cavite police chief, said.
Authorities said 168 individuals were arrested in different parts of the province in the latest report on March 20.
On March 19, police also reported that 307 protocol violators were also nabbed and 246 others the day before.
The violators paid fines or rendered community service in their respective municipalities.
From March 1 to 18, Cavite, still under the modified general community quarantine status, recorded 1,975 new cases and only 625 recoveries.
As of March 18, Cavite, which remains under the modified general community quarantine status, has logged 22,778 COVID-19 cases since March last year, with 19,910 recoveries.
Cavite has 2,267 active virus carriers as of March 18.
The death toll in the province stands at 601 as of March 18. At least 30 of the fatalities were recorded in the past 18 days.
With the continued spikes of new COVID-19 cases, Cavite Governor Juanito Victor “Jonvic” Remulla urged the people to stay home even when on vacation.
“If you’re planning to spend time outside: Unless the reason is essential, it is best to stay in and protect yourselves and your loved ones from the ongoing spread of COVID-19,” Remulla said on his Facebook page on March 19.
He stressed: “Staying in is the new going out.”
“Kung kayo ay madapuan ng COVID-19 ay pahirapan ma-admit kahit sino ka man. Kaya mag-ingat at kung kaya ay sa bahay na lamang,” he said.
(If you contract COVID-19, it is already difficult to get you admitted to a hospital. So be careful and stay at home)
Remulla made his public reminder as the province will have a special non-working holiday on Monday, March 22, an extended vacation over the weekend.
On March 17, Malacañang issued Proclamation No. 1117, to give the people of the province time to celebrate the 152nd birth anniversary of the first Philippine president, General Emilio Aguinaldo, a native of Kawit town.
On March 10, the Department of Health started the vaccination rollout for health workers in several hospitals in the province.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.