Duque eyes getting vaccinated vs COVID-19 by mid-March
MANILA, Philippines — Health Secretary Francisco Duque III on Saturday said he is eyeing to get vaccinated against COVID-19 by mid-March.
“I will try to see mid-March, I’ll have my vaccination,” Duque said during the vaccination rollout ceremony at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center in San Juan City.
However, he said he would want healthcare workers to get inoculated first, saying that they are most exposed to COVID-19.
“Pero kasi ang gusto ko mauna muna yung mga exposed (I want those most exposed to go first). Although I’m also quite exposed, I’ve been to the hospitals, isolation and quarantine facilities, I talk to people, talk to some patients,” he said.
The health chief, who previously said that he will be inoculated with the vaccine made by AstraZeneca as it is fit for senior citizens like him.
Before this, the Department of Health said that Duque, who is 64 years old, will not be vaccinated with Sinovac’s vaccine CoronaVac.
The Food and Drug Administration recommended that only those aged 18 to 59 can be inoculated with CoronaVac.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.