Septuagenarian dies, 2 seniors contract COVID-19 in San Pablo
LUCENA CITY –– A septuagenarian had died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19), while two senior citizens are now ill due to the virus in San Pablo City in Laguna province
The San Pablo City Anti-COVID-19 Task Force said in its Feb. 25 report posted at 6 p.m. on Facebook, that a 74-year-old woman from Barangay San Miguel passed away on Feb. 25.
Authorities also reported that a man, 74, from Barangay Concepcion and a woman, 63, from Barangay Santa Elena are the latest COVID-19 cases.
Both patients had no recent travel history outside of the locality, the report added.
The man had mild symptoms and was quarantined in a facility, while the asymptomatic woman was isolated, said the report.
San Pablo City, now under modified general community quarantine (MGCQ), has logged 1,244 COVID-19 cases since March last year, with 1,138 recoveries, 40 fatalities, and 66 active cases.
As of Feb. 24, Laguna, now under MGCQ, has recorded 20,266 COVID-19 cases since March 2020.
At least 19,292 of them have recovered, and 519 died. The province still has 455 active cases.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.