4 new COVID-19 cases listed amid MGCQ in Tagaytay City | Inquirer News
Close  

4 new COVID-19 cases listed amid MGCQ in Tagaytay City

By: - Correspondent / @dtmallarijrINQ
/ 07:33 PM February 24, 2021

LUCENA CITY—Four more individuals were infected with SARS Cov2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in Tagaytay City, Cavite province, authorities said on Wednesday (Feb. 24).

Among the latest COVID-19 patients were an elderly and an 18-year-old man.

ADVERTISEMENT

The local government, in a report posted on its Facebook page on Wednesday, said the 62-year-old male resident of the village of Kaybagal South and the teenager from the village of Kaybagal Central were among four new COVID-19 patients in Tagaytay.

The 62-year-old patient showed symptoms while the 18-year-old was asymptomatic. Both had been sent to quarantine.

FEATURED STORIES

Tagaytay, which is on modified general community quarantine, has recorded a total of 259 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic was declared in March last year, and at least 248 of these were recoveries.

Seven of the COVID-19 patients died. The city has still four active virus carriers.

As of Feb 23, Cavite province has logged a total of 20,514 COVID-19 cases, 19,074 recoveries and 564 fatalities.

The province has 881 active cases.

TSB
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #COVID19PH, Cavite, infection, Patients, tagaytay city
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.