3 elderlies beat COVID-19 in San Pablo City
LUCENA CITY –– Three senior citizens survived the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in San Pablo City in Laguna province, local authorities said.
The city’s Anti-COVID-19 Task Force, in their reports on Facebook on Wednesday, Feb. 24, said two female elderlies, aged 62 and 68, and a 66-year-old man have recuperated from the illness.
The three survivors were among the six recorded recoveries from COVID-19 on Feb. 23.
Meanwhile, a 66-year-old woman, and a 10-year-old girl, are among the six new virus carriers in the city.
The woman, who has mild symptoms, and confined in an undisclosed hospital, was exposed to a virus carrier.
The young girl, who had no history of exposure to a COVID-19 patient, is asymptomatic. She is set to be transferred to a community isolation facility.
The city has logged a total of 1,237 COVID-19 cases, with 1,129 recoveries, 39 fatalities, and 69 remaining active cases.
As of Feb. 22, Laguna, which is under modified general community quarantine, has recorded 20,224 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic was declared in March last year.
At least 19,248 of them have recovered, while 518 have died. The province still has 458 active cases.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.