COVID-19 hits 3 elderlies in San Pablo City
LUCENA CITY –– At least three of the four new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases recorded in San Pablo City in Laguna province on Monday are senior citizens, local authorities said.
The San Pablo City Anti-COVID-19 Task Force, in their reports on Facebook on Feb. 23, said the new validated virus carriers in the city include two females ages 60 and 75, and a male, 78.
The fourth new validated virus carrier in the locality is a 15-year-old boy.
All senior citizen patients (two have mild symptoms while the other is asymptomatic), had no recent travel history outside of the locality.
The man was confined in an isolation facility, while the two women are under home quarantine.
The city has logged a total of 1,231 COVID-19 cases, 1,123 recoveries, and 39 fatalities. The city has 69 remaining active cases.
Laguna, which is under the modified general community quarantine, has recorded 20,224 COVID-19 cases since the pandemic was declared in March last year.
At least 19,248 of them have recovered and another 518 died as of Feb. 22. The province still has 458 active cases.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.