‘Nanlaban’ in Cavite: 3 drug suspects killed in gunfights with cops in 24 hours
LUCENA CITY—Three alleged drug pushers were killed in separate buy-bust operations in Cavite province during the past 24 hours, police said.
Col. Marlon Santos, Cavite police chief, in a report posted by the Cavite police public information office on social media on Tuesday (Feb 16), identified the slain drug suspects as Warlito Sinsay, Rene Samala and Aldrin Fernandez.
Sinsay had been tagged as a high-value target in General Trias City. Samala was on the police list of drug suspects in the town of Indang. Fernandez was from the municipality of Naic.
According to the police report, the suspects sensed that they were dealing with undercover police officers that resulted in gunfights that led to their killing.
The report said police found two .45 caliber pistols and a .38 caliber gun and bullets in the suspects’ possession.
Police also arrested 43 other drug suspects in 25 simultaneous operations in Bacoor City, Imus City, Cavite City, Dasmariñas City, General Trias City, Trece Martires City and the towns of Rosario, Tanza, Silang, Naic, Indang and Mendez.
Authorities seized a total of 97 plastic packets of shabu, or crystal meth, and 31 packets of dried marijuana leaves.
The report did not detail the volume and street value of the confiscated drugs.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.