Batangas logs 5 more COVID-19 fatalities; death toll now is 393
LUCENA CITY –– At least five more coronavirus disease (COVID-19) patients have been added to the list of fatalities in Batangas on Feb. 11, bringing the total deaths in the province to 393, authorities said on Thursday.
The Batangas Provincial Public Information Office (PIO) reported that a virus carrier in Lipa City died on Feb. 11.
The day before, the PIO also disclosed the deaths of two COVID-19 patients in San Juan town and one each from the municipality of San Pascual and Tanauan City.
No other details on the fatalities were provided.
As of Feb. 11, Batangas, which remains under general community quarantine status, recorded a total of 12,608 coronavirus infections, 290 of which remained active.
At least 69 of the active cases were confined in different hospitals, 162 in non-health facilities or community isolation centers, and 59 on home quarantine as of Feb. 11, the report said.
The province recorded 11,925 recoveries since the World Health Organization declared the pandemic in March last year.
Of 34 localities in Batangas, only the four towns of Balete, Cuenca, Talisay, and Tingloy have no active virus carrier as of Feb. 11.
Those previously infected in the localities have either recovered or died, the report showed.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.