DOH: Covid-19 variant patient from Cebu was staying in Parañaque | Inquirer News
Close  

DOH: Covid-19 variant patient from Cebu was staying in Parañaque

/ 10:10 AM February 08, 2021
Testing always a priority, insists Palace despite Duterte’s ‘late realization’ on its value

A health worker conducts a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) swab testing at a gymnasium in Navotas City, Metro Manila, Philippines, August 7, 2020. REUTERS/Eloisa Lopez

MANILA, Philippines — The 35-year-old man originally from Liloan, Cebu who tested positive for the Covid-19 variant was staying in Parañaque City since November until the time he went through a swab test, the Department of Health (DOH) in Central Visayas said Monday.

DOH-Central Visayas spokesperson Dr. Mary Jean Loreche said the patient has not been able to return to his hometown in Liloan.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Yang kaso na galing sa Liloan, hindi ‘yan dito talaga. Ang kanyang home address na nakasulat ay Liloan. Pero from November 17 hanggang sa siya ay naswab noong January 17, nandyan siya sa Manila, naka-stay siya sa Parañaque mula November hanggang January,” Loreche said in an interview with ABS-CBN’s Teleradyo.

 (The case from Liloan was not really detected here. His home address is Liloan. But from November 17 until he underwent swab testing on January 17, he was in Manila. He was staying in Parañaque from November until January.)

FEATURED STORIES

 Loreche said the patient had a swab testing as a requirement for a job abroad. 

“So noong tinest po siya noong January 17 nandyan lang po siya tapos lumabas po ang resulta niya na nirelease po sa atin noong February 5. In all honesty and candor, hindi po ‘yan ang pasyente nakauwi, neither po ‘yan umuwi dito,” she said. 

 (He was tested on January 17 and the result was relayed to us on February 5. In all honesty and candor, the patient was not able toreturn here.)

 The patient was among the eight additional cases of the more transmissible B.1.1.7 virus variant that was first detected in the United Kingdom.

In a statement last Friday, the DOH said the patient is an active case with mild infection, and that his exposure to the virus and travel history are still being verified.  

 Three others from Bontoc, Mountain Province, two from La Trinidad, Benguet, and two returning overseas Filipino workers also recently tested positive for the Covid-19 variant.

 The country has so far recorded 25 confirmed cases of the Covid-19 variant. 

gsg

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS:  B.1.1.7 variant, coronavirus Philippines, COVID-19, Department of Health
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.