Negros Occidental gov, 18 others now in isolation after being exposed to COVID-19-positive exec
BACOLOD CITY –– Negros Occidental Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson and 18 others have undergone self-isolation after being exposed to a Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) official, who tested positive for COVID-19 last Friday, Jan. 22.
Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said the governor is under self-quarantine at his house, while the DILG employees had been asked to stay at the Mambukal Resort in Murcia.
He said Lacson and the DILG employees would undergo testing for COVID-19 on Wednesday, Jan. 27.
Lacson and the 18 employees, including their provincial head Roselyn Quintana, were exposed during the Provincial Anti-Drug Abuse Summit at the Negros Residences in Bacolod City on Jan. 22.
“Hopefully, she does not have the highly contagious United Kingdom COVID-19 variant, Diaz said.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.