4 hurt by firecrackers in Central Luzon
CITY OF SAN FERNANDO –– Only four fireworks-related injuries were recorded in Central Luzon from Dec. 21 to 28, a “large decrease” from 30 incidents in the same period last year, according to the Department of Health (DOH).
“Kwitis,” “triangulo,” and baby rocket, which are considered legal fireworks, caused the four injuries recorded in Bulacan and Pampanga, the DOH regional office said in an update on Tuesday.
No injuries were caused by firecracker ingestion, stray bullets firing, and tetanus, the regional DOH said in an update.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.