Oriental Mindoro town mayor orders temporary lockdown of Naujan hall to prevent COVID-19
CITY OF CALAPAN –– The mayor of Naujan town in Oriental Mindoro on Wednesday ordered a lockdown on the main building of the municipal hall until the end of the year to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Mayor Mark Marcos said the town hall would be closed from Dec. 9 to Dec. 31 after the wife of the municipal administrator tested positive for COVID-19.
A barangay official of Poblacion, who had come in contact with the administrator’s wife, also tested positive for the virus.
Before his wife was confirmed to have been infected by the virus, the administrator had been performing his functions in the main building and had mingled with employees and some of those who transacted business in his office.
The mayor said the municipal health officer had recommended thorough disinfection of the building and its offices and for the local government to conduct a targeted testing and massive contact tracing among employees and individuals he mingled with, as well as those exposed to the administrator.
“All identified exposed employees/clients, as well as others who come into contact with the municipal administrator, are strongly advised to undergo home quarantine for the required period of time,” said Marcos in an order released on Wednesday night.
For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.