Lottery draw suspended until Nov. 2 due to Typhoon Rolly
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) suspended lottery draws on Sunday until Monday due to the onslaught of typhoon Rolly.
In an advisory, PCSO said the suspension covers all games for the 2:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and the 9:00 p.m. draws.
“The conduct of the lottery draws will resume on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020,” the PCSO said.
Posted by Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office on Saturday, October 31, 2020
Meanwhile, the selling of tickets and prize claims for low-tier prizes will continue in areas not affected by the typhoon.
Rolly weakened into a typhoon category before noon Sunday. It has so far made landfall thrice—the latest in the vicinity of San Narciso, Quezon at 12:00 p.m.
The typhoon, the strongest to hit the Philippines this year, made its first landfall in the vicinity of Bato, Catanduanes early Sunday morning. It was followed by another landfall in the vicinity of Tiwi, Albay at 7:20 a.m.
The center of the typhoon will continue to move over the Marinduque-Central Quezon this afternoon and towards the Batangas-Cavite area late afternoon through evening.
As of 1 p.m., the center of the typhoon was last seen over the coastal waters of Mulanay, Quezon. It has maximum sustained winds of 175 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 240 km/h while moving westward at 25 km/h.
READ: Rolly makes 3rd landfall in San Narciso, Quezon
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.