Close  

COVID-19 cases zoom past 4,000 in Bulacan but execs say nearly half beat disease

By: - Correspondent / @inquirerdotnet
/ 06:47 PM September 17, 2020

CITY OF MALOLOS—The number of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in Bulacan province has breached the 4,000-mark but local health officials said the number of patients recovering from it was also increasing.

As of Thursday (Sept. 17), the province had already recorded 4,135 COVID-19 cases, more than 2,500 of it recoveries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Of the 4,135 cases, 1,123 were traced to the City of San Jose del Monte.

Dr. Betzaida Banaag, City of San Jose del Monte health officer, said 872 COVID-19 patients in the city, or 78 percent of the total record, had recovered.

FEATURED STORIES

Banaag said only 200 cases in the city remained active.

She said the city is enforcing a strict zoning containment and selected lockdown to control coronavirus transmission. INQ

Edited by TSB
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #COVID19PH, Bulacan, coronavirus Philippines, Health, pandemic, record, transmission
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.