Galvez: ‘No home quarantine’ policy may lower number of new COVID cases  | Inquirer News
Close  

Galvez: ‘No home quarantine’ policy may lower number of new COVID cases 

By: - Reporter / @KAguilarINQ
/ 12:22 PM September 08, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — National Task Force (NTF) on COVID-19 chief implementer Carlito Galvez Jr. on Tuesday raised the possibility of bringing down new COVID-19 cases to single-digit level if a “no home quarantine” policy for coronavirus patients will be implemented.

ADVERTISEMENT

Earlier, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said the government is looking into implementing “no home quarantine” for COVID-19 patients to avoid transmission among household members.

“Kasi nakita po natin, sa Region 3, Region 4-A, Manila and even yung experience sa Navotas at Pateros, nung tinanggal natin ang home quarantine sa mga area na yun, nakita natin na talagang bumaba ang mga kaso po doon sa area na yun,” Galvez said in a televised briefing.

FEATURED STORIES

(We saw that in Region 3, Region 4-A, Manila, Navotas and Pateros, when we removed [the option of] home quarantine, there was a significant decrease in the number of new cases in these areas.)

“Kung magkakaroon tayo ng aggressive isolation ng mga positive cases at mahihiwalay po natin sa community, pati po yung contact ng mga positive cases mahiwalay po natin agad, malaki ang chances na bababa, hindi lang po magplaplateau but bababa po ang cases into single digit number,” he added.

(If we will have an aggressive isolation of positive cases and separate them from the community, and if we also separate the contact of positive cases, chances are big that cases will not only plateau, but will decrease into single-digit numbers.)

Earlier, Galvez attributed the coronavirus transmission to home quarantine of COVID-19 patients.

The Philippines has so far recorded 238,727 COVID-19 infections, with 3,890 deaths and 184,906 recoveries.

JPV

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Carlito Galvez Jr., COVID-19, home quarantine, isolation, Quarantine
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.