PNP orders latest reshuffle in 3 top posts
MANILA, Philippines — The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Thursday ordered a reorganization of the posts in its Command Group after the appointment of PNP chief Gen. Camilo Cascolan.
In a statement on Thursday, PNP spokesperson Brig. Gen. Bernard Banac said that Police Lt. Gen. Eleazar was named as PNP deputy chief for administration.
Eleazar, who also leads the Joint Task Force COVID Shield, is now PNP’s second in command.
Meanwhile, Lt. Gen. Cesar Hawthorne Binag is now third in command and was designated as PNP deputy chief for operations, replacing Eleazar.
Eleazar will remain as chief of JTF COVID Shield, which enforces lockdown rules, while Binag will lead the COVID Operations Task Force (ASCOTF), which oversees deployment police officers for logistical purposes and other responses for COVID-19.
Cascolan previously led the ASCOTF as chairman, while Binag was vice-chairman of the task force.
Major Gen. Joselito Vera Cruz was designated as Chief Directorial Staff, which is the fourth post in the PNP Command Group. Vera Cruz was the former Directorate for Information and Communications Technology Management.
Here are other new designations in the police organization:
- Major Gen. Gilberto Cruz – Director of Philippine National Police Academy
- Major Gen. Emmanuel Luis Licup – Director for Comptrollership
- Brig. Gen. Alfred Corpus – Acting Director for Operations
- Brig. Gen. Rolando Hinanay – Acting Director for Personnel and Records Management
- Major Gen. Jose Chiquito Malayo – Director for Integrated Police Operations in Northern Luzon
- Major Gen. Marni Marcos Jr – reassigned to Office of the Chief PNP
- Brig. Gen. Bartolome Bustamante – Regional Director of Police Regional Office 5 or Bicol Region police
- Brig. Gen. Steve Ludan – Director Crime Laboratory
The latest appointment of the police officers takes effect on Thursday, Sept. 3.
Cascolan officially assumed as PNP chief on Wednesday, Sept. 2, which was also the date of the mandatory retirement of former PNP chief Gen. Archie Gamboa.
Cascolan will serve at the helm of the police organization for two months unless the President orders his extension.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.