2nd tranche of COVID-19 aid in Metro Manila to be completed Aug. 15 – DILG
MANILA, Philippines — The distribution of the second tranche of government’s cash aid in Metro Manila for those affected by the COVID-19 lockdown is expected to be completed on Aug. 15, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said in a statement issued on Saturday.
“We are pleased to report that distributing SAP [Social Amelioration Program] 2 through various digital platforms or FSPs (financial service providers) is currently in full swing in Metro Manila,” Año said.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has been coordinating with local governments and FSP partners to speed up the distribution according to Año.
“Both the DSWD and the DILG are looking at Saturday, Aug. 15, 2020 to complete the distribution of SAP 2 financial aid to our target of more than 2,675,610 family beneficiaries, both original and wait-listed, in Metro Manila. The release of this financial aid during the MECQ will help mitigate the economic impact of stricter quarantine measures in Metro Manila and surrounding provinces,” he added.
As of Aug. 7, Año said 71,701 families had so far received their financial aid. Digital disbursement of the aid was also made to some 1,553,052 original family beneficiaries in Caloocan, Makati, Pasig, and Quezon City.
Of the 71,701, the wait-listed family beneficiaries are in Caloocan, Las Pinas, Makati, Mandaluyong, Marikina, Navotas City, Pasig, San Juan, Valenzuela, and Quezon City.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.